About Me

My photo
Everyday is a new journey in life. I love being alive and all that goes with it.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Life~ Gratitude's Day 12

   Good morning friends.  I missed a day of writing yesterday.  Taking a break is always a good thing for me to do.  It gives my mind energy to recharge.  It also gave me some time to take care of some much needed tasks.  Yesterday was a good day, as will be today.


                                                   Gratitude's~ Day 12



1. Humor~  Yesterday morning was spent at the optometrists office.  All three of my children and myself had our eyes examined.  Only one of us needs glasses, but it is good to have the annual eye exams for health sake.  Davy, my youngest, was asked if he thought he needed glasses.  His reply was,"Yes!"  The doctor asked him why he thought he needed glasses.  Davy stated, "Because, I will look even more handsome with glasses on."  Oh, I nearly fell out of my chair with laughter when I heard Davy say that. Davy did not get glasses yesterday.


2. Eye exams~  I am what is called a glaucoma suspect.  I have a cupping of the right optic nerve.  Next week I have to go in and do what I call the dot test.  Basically every time I see a dot, I will press a button.  I am not sure how I will do on the test, but I am not worried.  My pressure is normal.  These test should help me from ever having a problem.  I am grateful for follow ups and preventative medicine.


3. Spelling~ I cannot spell.  Anyone who has seen my words without the aid of a spell check knows of my inability to spell.  My oldest son, however, can spell.  He never studies for his spelling tests.  He almost always gets A's.  He is a great speller.  This week, he got to participate in his 1st ever spelling bee.  He made it to the third round.  I am grateful for spelling.  My son can spell.


4. Snow~ I love the snow.  I do not love the cold or bad roads that goes a long with it.  I do love the snow.  Snow is beautiful.  I am not a skier, a sledder, or a snow man builder because that would mean I would be outside in the cold.  I do not love the cold.  However, I love how the snow hangs in the trees, how it sparkles like glitter in the air.  I love how peaceful it feels outside after a fresh snow fall.  I am grateful for the snow.


5. Spring~ I love the spring even more.  New life sprouts from the ground.  Rays of sun peak thought the clouds.  Winter coats are put away.  Flowers are born.  Spring brings about movement as people emerge from their houses and explore the world again.  Spring is the start of everything good.  I am grateful for spring.


6. Children~ My kids are really neat.  Each of them brings a special attribute of happiness to this house.  Each behaves, acts and reacts differently from the other.  Sometimes it is quite comical having children.  I am grateful for children.


7. Caring people~ There are those people who just seem to be a step above other people.  Their hearts are able to reach many.  They have a special gift, one that goes beyond normal friendships and families. They reach out to help as many people as they can with no matter of who the other people are....many volunteers are like that.  They give of themselves to help others with no expectations in return.  I am grateful to caring people.


8. Photo's of loved ones long since passed~ Everyday while sit here and type, I look up and see a family photo with my grandmother is it.  She is one of my greatest inspirations.  She was an amazing women. She gave of herself when others would have stopped to sit down and rest.  She often would visit people who were to sick to go out when she, herself,  was ill with heart and lung disease. She was the glue of my family up north. She brought joy and goodness with her everywhere she went. She loved to travel and try new things.  She loved the dolphins, flowers and me.  I love you Grandmother.  I am grateful to have had you in my life.


9. Microfiber clothes~ It is not really to much of a stretch to go from my grandmother to chemical free cleaning.  Cleaners hurt your lungs.  My grandmother died of pneumonia.  I love being able to grab my cloths and clean without polluting the air.  I am grateful for microfiber.


10. As always, life~ God gave us one life to live.  I sometimes wish we could have a thousand lives, but I only have one.  I am grateful for every second I am on this planet.  I am grateful for life.


    I was eager to sit down and write my blog this morning. I never really know what I am going to write until I sit down and think about my gratitude's. Everyday has something to be grateful for if we take the time to look for it.  This morning was easy.  I am grateful for life.

1 comment:

  1. I love your list today, and I think it's so precious that your son thinks he's handsome, don't ever let him think different :D

    ReplyDelete