About Me

My photo
Everyday is a new journey in life. I love being alive and all that goes with it.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Gratitude's ~ Day 18 A Trip in Germany and a Visit to the Doctor

  I am a couple of days behind writing my gratitude journal. A lot has happened in those days too. Some wonderful, some the same, no matter what, life happened so I have a lot to be grateful for.

                                             Gratitude's~Day 18 

1. Day Trips~ we took off on Saturday to Bernkastel-Kues , Germany in the Moselle valley. This quaint German town offers unique buildings of half-timbered houses, beautiful landscapes with vineyards along the hills. We stopped at the castle ruins of the Landshut overlooking the Bernkastel valley. Fun was had by all!! I am grateful for this day of sightseeing.



Landshut Castle Ruins

Half timbered House In Bernkastel -Kues







2. Eating out~ We finished our day of sightseeing by eating at the Zegrab restaurant in Bitburg Germany. The food was good. I am grateful that we can eat out.
Just outside after dinner in Bitburg



3. Relaxing Sundays~ In Germany, Sunday is a day of rest. Boy did we need it.  We rested the day away in the quiet of our house. I am grateful to be able to take a day to rest.


4. Hayden~ I have written that I am grateful for my son before. Today, I am grateful for his good attitude. He started the re-evaluation process for an Autism spectrum disorder this morning. He did fine. It was only a few minute into the interview that I knew his diagnosis was going to remain PDD (Pervasive Developmental Disorder). My heart always breaks watching him answer questions. He doesn’t really understand that he is different. I, most of the time, do not see it either. Today, it was painfully clear. The doctor asked him all sorts of questions. He did just fine. I love my son.  He is fine the way he is.



5. Friends~ I had a friend send me a note to make sure all was well. The note was welcomed and needed on my part. I am thankful that my friend took the time to ask.  Thank You Sarah.  I "heart" you.


6. Time~ I am grateful that we still have 6-8 years to work with Hayden to prepare him for the real world. After seeing him today, I realize we still have some work to do. I am grateful for time.


7. The doctor~ The doctor agreed that Hayden is not ADHD and does not need medication. This is GREAT news!!!!   She observed my child and saw what we see. I am grateful for a good doctor and no meds.


8. Sleep~ I am exhausted. Tonight I get to sleep. I am grateful to sleep.


9. My father~ I just had an uplifting conversation with my dad. I am grateful for my father.


10. As always, life~ Every twist, turn, bump and slump offers something good to look at. As long as I am alive, I have something to be grateful for. Have a good day everyone.


   There is so much I could write about Hayden’s appointment today. Perhaps I will sit down and talk about it later, but for now I am going to leave it as it is.

Giggle for the day:    Doctor to Hayden, “Have you ever heard the saying ‘When Pigs fly’?” Hayden’s answer, “Yes that would be when Swine Flu!” Got to love that kid!





















No comments:

Post a Comment