About Me

My photo
Everyday is a new journey in life. I love being alive and all that goes with it.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Color's of life Gratitude's~ Day 15





It's 7:17Am right now. The sun should be rising in the next half hour or so. The house is quiet as everyone still sleeps. I am enjoying a nice cup of coffee, sitting in dark silence with one light turned on. I love these quiet mornings. The kids are near me. My husband is dreaming. Life is good.



                                  Gratitude~ Day 15


1. Sleeping Children~ The quiet mornings when I sip coffee and listen to my children sleep has always been one of my favorite times if the day. They are there dreaming, close by. I am here with them too. Just a wall separates us. I am grateful for this time of quiet that rejuvenates and starts the day.


2. Afternoons~ I love waking up early in the morning, but I am not a morning person. I drag, lolligag around. I sip my coffee and imagine the day away. I write. I surf the wed. I call friends on the phone. I clean. I do all sorts of things in the morning, but I rarely leave my house unless I have to in the morning. The afternoons are the time to get out and adventure, to go see friends. It is a time to shop. The playgrounds call our names in the afternoons. The afternoon hold so many promises. I am grateful for the afternoons.


3. Dirt~ I love dirt and clay. I love getting my hands dirty. I imagine, when I was young, I must have been quite a site coming in from outside playtime. Now, never wearing gloves, I fill pots and planters with dirt. Each pot will have its own splash of color as it is filled with various types of plants. I am grateful for dirt.


4. Color~ Vibrant colors are my favorite. I dislike the question, "What is you favorite color?" I do have one favorite color. Usually the color I like the best is the color that matches my mood. Most days that is the brightest of fuchsia's, the boldness of purples, the various shades of blue. Some days I feel brown or even yellow. It all depends on my mood. I am grateful for color.


5. Being a mother~ I can remember playing house when I was just a little girl.  I imagined myself having two girls.  I would care for them and love them.  I have always wanted to be a mother.  I have three children. Each of them have shown me a different gratitude in life.  Each of them has their own heart string.  I am grateful for being a mother.


6. Being a friend~ I have a hard time being a casual friend.  We are either connected or not. For me, one is an acquaintance.  Someone who you know, like and move on in separate directions, a potential friend of sorts.  The other is a person I get to know and love.  I don't hold list of their wrongs.  Instead I have a list of everything I love about them.  I don't want them to be perfect, since I cannot or will not ever be perfect myself.  I am good friend if you need an ear, someone who wants you to be the way you are, someone to love you.  If you need a glass of water, you may have to get it yourself.  I try not to crowd.  I am grateful that I can be a good friend.


7. Understanding ~ I like that I can be understanding.  I am also grateful for other understanding people.

8. Love~ A friend is writing a blog about love right now.  I have stopped by and read that blog several times. Probably at least 4-5 times. I enjoy her blogs.  They are sweet, uplifting and kind.  Love is kind.  I am grateful to be able to give and receive love.  I am grateful for love.


9. Family~ Family seems a natural place to go after love.  I think of my sister, aunts, uncles, cousins.... and of course my husband, children and parents.  There are so many people I think of when I think of family.  Some of those people are not related at all.  I am grateful for my family.


10. As always, Life~ Life brings our daily challenges, happiness, food, adventures, and memories.  I love the colors of life.  I am grateful for this life.


  This morning started off quiet and peaceful.  The sky was dark.  The air was still.  The smell of coffee was in the air.  It is now 8:12AM.  The sun is rising.  I hear neighbors on the stairs.  The house is busy with life. Let the day begin.











No comments:

Post a Comment