About Me

My photo
Everyday is a new journey in life. I love being alive and all that goes with it.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

"Ribbit ribbit," one friend literally croaked to another

  Time to change things up a bit.   At first, my blog was just to be a gratitude blog.  A way to simply to remind myself of what I am grateful for in life.  Now, I know that I need to write what is in my heart. It is okay to feel many different emotions from joy to sorrow, from excitements to disappointments. These range of emotions place a special spot in our lives.  Without one, there cannot be the other.

  Today I woke up feeling melancholy.  Truthfully, I do not know why.  I took a walk down memory lane feeling an overwhelming urge to be at Point of Rocks Parks in Virginia walking over the marsh lands.  I felt the desire to have my dreams that are placed secretly in my heart to be shared with some of my oldest dearest friends.   I felt the need to reconnect with my friends from the past.  Then I remembered....we are half way across the world.  Sure, I can send a note, but things are not the same today as they were twenty plus years ago.  Perhaps it will be enough to tell them how much I miss having my friends a part of my life.  I do miss them.  I miss them terribly.  Funny how I can see images of memories flash before my eyes.

  "Ribbit  ribbit," one friend literally croaked to another.  Craig, who was about 17 years old at the time, had crawled out on a fallen tree log over the water.  As he crawled back, he made himself look strangely like a frog.  We laughed and laughed that day.  I still laugh at that memory.    We should be living as neighbors now,  he with his family and I with mine.  Our kids should be running and playing together.  They should know the same level of friendship I once shared with my friend.  Sadly, that is not how things turned out.  

 It is the one thing I would change about my life.  If I could, I would one day go home.  I would go back to where I see the laughter.  So many of my friends are gone from there now, but I would still go back.  I want to walk around Point of Rocks Park again.   I want to sit and soak up the friends who are still there.  I want to hear about the happenings in their life, what makes them happy and what makes them sad.  I want to know the details.  I want to be part of their life again.  Some, I think would welcome me with open arms.  Others may push me away, but I still want to be there.  I love you my old friends....   always have and always will.    

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the down sides of some days. Not every day is a rainbow with lollipops, and melancholy hits at strange times.
    The value of friendship is highlighted when we don't see them face to face. I am grateful every day for my online friends

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reminding me that there are days of sunshine and days of shadow - and that we can't have rainbows without the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wrote a long comment and it deleted it! Boo! I just wanted to say that I am so glad you started your blog again because you are much more of a beautiful and talented writer than facebook allows you to be and reading your entries makes the distance between us seem not so far! Miss you my friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone. I couldn't imagine life without its ups and downs. Brittany.... maybe one day we will get to be neighbors again. I miss having my talented friend in my life too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Strange.....how this blog came true.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie, I know it will all work out for the best for you! I enjoyed your blog.

    ReplyDelete