About Me

My photo
Everyday is a new journey in life. I love being alive and all that goes with it.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Gratitude~ Day 5

 Today has been interesting day. I wouldn't call today fun, but I can still find things and moments to be grateful for. So here I go..


  Things I am Grateful for~ Day 5

1. Root Canal~ Oh, I know what you must be thinking. How in the world can anyone be grateful for having a root canal? I have had a total of 4 root canal treatments in the the last 2 months. I cannot say I enjoy them. However, I can say that I am grateful that my teeth can be fixed. I am grateful that my abscess is healed. I am grateful that I am not in pain anymore. Now, my face hurts a bit, but I can function just fine.

2. Hurt feelings~ My daughter came home today with hurt feelings. One of the moms told their daughter that Julia does not listen well.  Julia was heart broken. Of course, I was too. However, this is a life lesson. People can be mean. They can do lots of harm. How can I be grateful for something like this?? Well, Julia feels safe to come talk openly with me whenever she has a problem. For that, I am grateful. I treasure our relationship. I treasure our hour long talks about many different aspects of life.

3. Life can be unfair~  My poor  11 year old son, Hayden,  has missing assignments for one of his classes. When I asked him about it, he told me that he turned in two of the assignments, one was a quiz that he needs to take and the 4th was in his folder. I asked him to talk to his teacher about the assignments. You guessed it. He has to do them again. He is a bit mad about this. I am grateful that we can help him with this life lesson. I am grateful that we are here to guide him. Life, at times, can be unfair. Todays life lesson~ Others are not perfect which frees him from perfection.

4. No clutter~ Before we moved away from North Dakota, I had two large garage sales. I sold just about anything and everything that we did not need. We downsized by 4 thousand pounds. Most people probably don't know how much their stuff weighs, but thanks to moving twice in just about two years, we know. It is great living in a smaller place and not having clutter. Yesterday's cleaning time.... 10 minutes. Today's....the same.

5. This gratitude journal~ I already feel my spirits lifting as I write the positives in what I would normally have viewed as a trying day.

6. Bill W~   This man never knew me, but he changed our lives. I cannot imagine what my life would be like without Bill W.

7. My Dad~ Just typing his name brings sweet tears to my eyes. He has to be the best father a girl can have. I have so many memories of him that make me smile. I will have to write them each separately in my journal. I love and am grateful for my Dad.

8. My Mom~ She has a way of making me feel beautiful. I wonder if I ever told her that? I love and am grateful for my mother.

9. My sister~ The song Bye Bye Miss American Pie immediately jumps into my mind.  We used to sing this song as loudly as we could while driving down the road with the windows down.  I can still hear our giggles.  Belinda is special and unique. She is a good sister.  Her heart is huge.  I love and  am grateful for my sister.

10. As always, Life~ being alive is a gift in itself. I am here today. So today I shall live.


When I first sat down to write this, I was in a pretty bad mood. I now feel a smile a in my heart. Looking for the positives made a difference.





2 comments:

  1. I love reading your gratitude lists, I am always smiling after reading them :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. My facebook opened right to this the morning. I didn't have to read it yesterday - glad I read it today. Mom & daughter - the best! Julie shed a tear yesterday also. I alost did too right alomg with her. It was a silly thing really, but to her it was huge. I was very thankful that she was willing to share and that I was there for her. Glad you have that relationship too. I am looking for my positives today as it as been a stressful week ... Thanks!

    ReplyDelete