About Me

My photo
Everyday is a new journey in life. I love being alive and all that goes with it.

Monday, January 24, 2011

Gratitude~ Day 4




I slept well last night. This morning I woke with a since of peace that I have not felt in a very long time. This mornings gratitude journal should be easy to write.



1. My husband~ He is my best critic and the best cheer leader. He loves me. I love him. We are best friends.

2. My cute little Davy~ My poor little boy does not feel well this morning. Even with an upset tummy, he can make me smile. I told Davy once that when he was born he stole my heart. There are days when he gets mad at me and tries to give it back. :) I love how he carries my heart with him in everything he does. I love that little guy.

3. My sweet sweet Julia~ AKA Julianna. Her name change is due to the fact that she has another Julia in her class. Julianna is a just a little more sophisticated than Julia. Her clothes, friends, maturity...just everything has grown and changed so much this year. I once thought there would never be a time in life as sweet as the day she was born. Now, watching her blossom, it is even better. I am enjoying every single minute.


4. My ever lasting and never giving up Hayden~ I don't think there is a person on this planet with more determination than that kid. I am proud of him. He recently decided he does not want to be on an IEP. He is doing everything he can to be "just like" the regular kids. Things is.... I think he is succeeding. Watching him transform, gain confidence and succeed is amazing. I am in awe of my own child.


5. Life~ Just breathing in and out it something to be grateful for.


6. God~ I am not sure if I will be able to step through the doors of another church. All long time ago, a man, who I hold a lot of respect for, said as he out stretched his arms, "The world is my church. The trees, the stars..." God created a house for all of us to gather..he created the earth, our home.


7. Electricity~ Often, I sit and try to imagine what life was like without electricity. I picture myself, in a long flowing skirt, churning butter. While I love the idea of farming, social gatherings, and always working together as a family, I cannot imagine the lights being turned off. I am grateful for this invention. This leads me to my next gratitude...


8. The phone~ Even in Germany, I can call my family and stay connected with them. I don't call many people, but I do call a few people often. I love the phone.


9. Friends~ I am slowly starting to meet people here in Germany. Over the years, we have traveled and left many people behind. As time goes on, most people disappear into the daily routines of their own lives. Some stay in touch. Some hold a treasured place in hearts that will last for all time. I love those people who become lifelong friends. They are a truly special breed.


10. The people who read my blogs~ Thank you for taking this walk with me. You matter.


(I think I will change this to my daily 10. I can always write more when the inspiration hits.)







No comments:

Post a Comment