About Me

My photo
Everyday is a new journey in life. I love being alive and all that goes with it.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Vegetable Soup Gratitude's~ Day 7


   I am starting my journal of gratitude over again this morning. When I first sat down to write, I felt negative energy seeping in. My words were positive, but my perspective was not. I stepped away to look for a new source of inspiration. A neat thing about life is that when you look for good, you will find it.



                   Gratitude's~ Day 7



1. Attitudes~ This morning I posted on my Facebook page about how I stopped counting calories and walked away from negativity. Instead, I started to count my gratitude's. In doing this I have accidentally started to achieve another goal. I lost three pounds in 6 days. I have stopped nibbling here and there to pass boredom or to ease hurt feelings because I can see the good in all of the things that have passed.

2. Letting go~ Letting go is a gift. True letting go is about allowing yourself to feel peace. I feel that peace.


3. Vegetable Soup~ If my friend Brittany is reading this, she knows I ate the soup for breakfast. The soup filled me with happiness this morning. One, I could imagine Brittany giggling about the soup. Two, the soup filled the air with aromas that matched that of my Grandmother's beef stew. I stopped and was thankful for the flashback of peeling carrots and cutting potatoes. It is nice how smells can bring you back to places of happiness.

4. Sharing Joy~ Today I get to share joy with a friend for something her life has brought her. It is an easy thing to do.

5. Achieving goals~ So many times we dream and do nothing about our goals. Both Mark and I have set off to start separate dreams that will only bring us closer together. Both of our goals bring happiness to each of us as an individual. Happiness brings joy to our family. We are united in supporting each other.

6. Friends~ Not the people who enter your life for a moment, pass judgement and then walk on, but the friends who walk in your life and see the real you. The ones who stand by you. The ones who love you. I have many of those friends... Thank you. I am grateful for you.


7. Shoe lifts~ One of my legs is shorter than other. I walk crooked. I stand crooked and sometimes I feel the crookedness. The lift in my shoe eases the pain I sometimes feel. I am grateful for this simple invention.

8. Laughter~ Yesterday afternoon the kids laughed and laughed as they played with Hayden's new friend. They giggle a lot. They smile even more. I love this laughter.

9. Clocks~ I would never be on time for anything without the invention of clocks.

10. Choices~ Choices can set you free if you allow yourself to make the right choice for you. I am allowing myself to trust my intuition, to follow my goals, and to be happy will all of my choices.

 I am grateful for this life and all that it brings with it.

 

1 comment: