About Me

My photo
Everyday is a new journey in life. I love being alive and all that goes with it.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Gratitude~Day 3

I am starting on day 3 of my gratitude writing. Day 1 and 2 are on my facebook page. Here, I can share openly with the people who want to take this walk in life with me. Everyday I hope to write at least 15 things that make me feel grateful in life.



Gratitude~Day 3


   Even in moments of little sleep, personal hurts and just the upsets that happen in life, I can see that I have a lot to be grateful for. I recently heard rumors and gossip about me that is splitting friendships. While it hurts to hear these untruths, it did make me think about all of the people in my life. I am 39 years old. I can count 5 people who hurt me in 39 years. 3 of them were recent. 2 of them are from the past. Now, I can think of hundred's, perhaps even a thousand people who are true, honest and genuine. They see the good in me. This is something to be grateful for. Sometime I think God throws the bad situations in your life to remind you of all of the good people who are out there. I am lucky to have these lessons in life. They are hard lessons, but as long as I learn from them, life can move on and all will be well again. I will continue in the search for the good in people's souls, in the beauty of nature or even in a good book. This life is an amazing gift. I am grateful to be given the chance to take the walk one day at a time.



1. A kind word~ I received an e-mail from a friend this morning that made me smile. It was loving, open and refreshing. The person who sent the e-mail is a treasured friend that I am grateful wants to take this walk with me. Thanks Ebony~ You matter. I love you for who you are.

2. The Serenity Prayer~ God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change. Courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference. Sadly, I had to muster up the courage and the wisdom to walk out of a toxic relationship recently. This person views of me are very distorted and all together wrong. Negative energy is not good for any friendship. Oh the things I have heard about me.... I will pray for this person and hope that they have a good life. Thank you God for showing me a clear path. I prayed to be able to see without a doubt if this person was a friend. While I am sad, I am glad it is over and now I can move on.


3. Positive people~ Yes I have to add this again. It is amazing how many positive people there are in this world. If you want to happiness, surround yourself with these people. Names are flowing through my head right now. I can only hope that I have told each of you how important you are.

4. Places~ I cannot think of a place that did not have it's own beauty. There are places that are nicer than others, but each has it's own moments of tranquility. In my minds eye, I just pictured the landscape of North Dakota with it's vast plains. The snow drifts softy to the ground. The air is still. All is quiet. Beautiful.


5. Dreams come true~ God works in amazing ways. I have asked and asked to come to Germany again. To revisit a beautiful moment in my childhood. Just when I gave up all hope, the orders came and here we are. The landscape is even more breath taking than I remember. The locals are kind. The food is great. Alles Gut! (all is good)


6. Struggling~ Some days are easier than others to come up with things I am grateful for. Today I find myself struggling to stay in the positive. I know that hard times are necessary to fell pure joy of good times. I feel joy just about everyday of my life. I feel joy today too.


7. Trees.... have I mentioned how much I love trees? They are like filters of life cleansing the air and providing the purity of breath. Trees are the lungs of the world. Has anyone noticed that if you turn a tree up side down, it looks strangely similar to the structure of our human lungs? The leaves are our aveoli. One day I will have to sit down and draw and label this out. Life is reciprocating, and duplicating its structures over and over.


8. Love~ I tend to give love freely and find myself retreating when the love is rejected. Every time, I bounce back and give it again. I hope this never changes about me. It makes me vunerable, but it makes me who I am.


9. Being able to conquer fear~ recently a person unknowingly gave me the gift of courage to write again, to dream and to not fear failure. I have always wanted to write, but the fear of failing was always at my side. Now, I say fail or succeed. I will write. Each day, I will improve. Even if the words are only for me to see, I have succeeded.


10. My family~ I was going to try to write only new gratitude's everyday. However, everyday that I have with my children and husband fills me with gratitude. Each day there is something different to be grateful for. Today has only just begun....


11. The clouds~ Clouds are neat. I have never looked at a cloud and thought, "that is ugly." Even in storms, they swirl and dance. Anytime I need a break and want to see the art of life, I can look up at the clouds in the sky. They are ever changing and evolving. Everyday, they are different giving us a new gift. It is always a surprise.


12. Being able to keep a secret~ Yes, I have many secrets stored in this brain. I want to share these secrets sometimes, but it is not my story to tell. They can write their own path.


13. Openness~ I am book for anyone who wants to take the time to know me. I love life and all it has to give.


14. Swings- The way the air rushes past you feet. Yes, there is nothing better than removing your shoes and hopping on a swing. The clouds, the trees, the feeling of wind sets you free.


15. Time~ Time is something I both am grateful for and hate. I don't ever want to die and I know this is going to happen one day. I love life. Time is also something to be grateful for. For without time, we would not be able to watch our children grow. We would not be able to plant flowers, trees and vegetables. We would not be able to think, this will be better tomorrow.  Time is a gift.  I don't want to waste one single second.




No comments:

Post a Comment