About Me

My photo
Everyday is a new journey in life. I love being alive and all that goes with it.

Monday, February 7, 2011

As always, Life Gratitude's Day 16


   Good Morning friends. The kids are off to school. Mark has the day off today is sleeping. I am taking a minute to myself.



               Gratitude's Day 16


1. Lunch Dates with my hubby~ We go out and eat all the time, but very rarely is it just the two of us. Today is a special day because my husband is home and the kids are at school. Yep...free day care today. The education they get is a huge bonus too. I am grateful to get to spend time alone with my husband.


2. Food~ I love to eat. This shows on my waist line. I am curvy with bumps that are not exactly where i would want them to be. However, I do love food. I also love eating out because there are no leftovers in the house and no dishes to do. I am grateful for food.


3. Glitter~ I love glitter. It sparkles. It's cheerful. It's pretty. Glitter brings laughter and giggles from my children. Glitter is also the nemeses of one my best friends. Glitter brings giggles there too because every time I see glitter, I think of my friend. I am grateful for glitter.


4. Glue~ What better than glitter? Glitter Glue of course. I bought an 8 pack of glitter glue just the other day. Why? Because, we might need it one day. Mark, my husband, laughed when I bought the glitter glue saying we probably will never have a need for it now. I giggled too. We always need glitter glue.


5. Crafts~ Crafts are fun. We can spend hours in our imagination creating crafts. No, glitter is not required. My friend who hates glitter is quite the crafter. She creates beautiful works of art. I love crafts in all forms. The crafts other people create are often my favorites. If it takes more than an hour, I am unlikely to finish the craft. I am grateful for both the crafters and the crafts they create.


6. Craft Fairs~ I love craft fairs. We wander from vendor to vendor admiring their works of art, sometimes taking a piece of their treasures home. Other times, I just walk on by. I am grateful for craft fairs.


7. Surprise Street Carnivals~ One of my favorite memories here in Germany, so far, is the street carnival we happened across. It was not a planned night. We went to Trier on a Sunday, just to walk the streets and take in the sights. We stumbled onto a street carnival. It was small having about three rides and about five food vendors. We ate bratwurst and pommes(French fries). We rode the fastest and scariest bumper cars I have ever been on. I won the kids a few stuffed animals from the digger machines and we were on our way. What a night!! I am grateful for street fairs.


8. Street Performers~ I love hearing music as we walk down the street. Sometimes we see jugglers or mimes. We often and usually stop and throw a coin or two into their hats. Flutes, drums, singing and whatever they decide to do is exactly what I like to hear or see. I even laughed to see the Naked Cowboy in New York City. I am grateful for street performers.


9. Plants~ this morning my sink is full of my plants. They are all getting a drink. Green leaves with streaks of white holding the promise of future flowers sit in the sun. I am grateful for plants.


10. As always, Life~ If you ask my Uncle Herman how he is doing, he will likely say, "Well, I am alive aren't I?" He will then laugh and say that every day that he is alive is a good day. Can you imagine how great life would be if we would simply be grateful for every day? I am grateful for both this life and my Uncle Herman.


   It is time to go wake Mark up and start the day. Have a great grateful day. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment