About Me

My photo
Everyday is a new journey in life. I love being alive and all that goes with it.

Thursday, November 7, 2013

A true love. Did they even know?

   Last night, my husband and I headed out to a Farewell Dinner.   On the way, we stopped to pick up one of my husbands friends.   On the way there, I wondered why this mans wife was not coming.  My husband said she was not feeling well.   I felt sad because I would have like to have met her.    This is something that is not likely to happen as we are all moving in the near future.

  The man...starts talking about his wife.  He compliments her cooking.  He seems to admire her in a way any woman would wish to be admired by their own husband.  Then he talks about her pain and medical struggles.  He talks about a health condition that is keeping her from the goodbye dinner.  What struck me....was his desire for his wife to be by his side.  His desire for her to be healthy after a 10 year battle with an unknown illness.  It struck me.....   How much he loves her.

  I wondered. Does she even know?  Does she know how lucky she is to have this man standing by her side?  She is sick.  He loves her anyways.  He spoke fondly of her for most of the evening.  He stopped and bought her a favorite cookie on the way home.   Even when his wife was not with him in person, he carries her in his heart in spirit.   Does she know?

  Does he know?   Does he know how he sounded to an almost stranger.  Does he know that I sat astonished by his devotion and love to his wife?    His desire to help his wife.  His willingness to give her the best life he can.   Does he know that he holds the secret to a happy marriage.

  Do they know?  Really, I wondered if they know or do they take each other for granted.  True love like this does not happen all that often.   This mans eyes both lit up and looked sad as he talked about is wife.  The love, the desire, the kindness there is something I would wish for everyone to see.

  They probably know.    I will most likely never see this man again nor ever meet his wife.   I felt lucky to get a glimpse of what true love looks like.    I hope they know.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment